We are pleased to be able to say that we will open our 6 outdoor tennis courts as from Monday 8th June. The courts will be available on the following basis:
- Courts available Mon – Fri, 09:00 – 17:00
- No later courts
- No weekend courts
- All 6 outdoor courts will be used in line with LTA COVID-19 guidelines.
- We will review the opening hours depending on take-up.
- Bookings are being made over the phone to Reception and are to be paid for at the time of booking.
- Reception hours will be 08:30 – 16:30
- We are operating on a pay and play basis; the court fee is £10 per court.
- If any exceptions are to be made, then payment is by card only at Reception.
- Bookings can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- The College is still in a tight lockdown status therefore access will be restricted to members car park side only. The gates will be closed, please park on that side. The pedestrian gate will be manned by a member of staff to allow members through.
- If there are breaches in security then we will need to withdraw the service, so we will be required to be fully compliant.
- Club facilities:
- Use of disable toilet in the Club
- No access to other areas of the Club
- Court refurbishment programme:
- The planned programme is scheduled to commence on Monday 29/06. We are hopeful that this can be brought forward by at least a week. If this is the case, then we will be restricted to the two courts by the side of the RDC. There is no plan to open the indoor courts at present.
I appreciate that the first available opportunity to book will be from 08:30 on Monday as the Club remains closed over the weekend so initially, the phone lines may be busy. It is not possible to make bookings online available, as all memberships have been frozen and need to remain in that status.