Wellington Health & Fitness Club are currently recruiting for a highly motivated individual with experience of working within the leisure or hospitality industry to join the team on a full time, permanent basis as Recreation Assistant. A great personality, drive, and enthusiasm to succeed are the key ingredients we would love to see. We have a great opportunity to grow the business so this is a wonderful time to become involved and be the main player of its success.
Wellington Health & Fitness Club is a dual use independent private members club serving 2000 members, the local community sporting clubs as well as accommodating the College’s PE and Sports programme throughout the academic year.
In return we will offer you a competitive salary and benefits package which includes a free lunch whilst on duty, subsidised membership to the Club, contribution to Wellington’s personal pension scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, cycle to work scheme, free parking, and access to a health cash plan.
Wellington Health & Fitness Club is situated within the grounds of the Wellington College which is one the world’s leading co-educational boarding and day schools and had an enviable reputation for excellence and innovation. This is a fabulous environment to come and work in.
Visit us at www.wellingtonfitness.co.uk or on social media via Facebook, Instagram & Twitter.
*Staff benefits are based on a full-time role and will be available / pro-rated as applicable
About the role:
Responsible for the provision of excellent customer services and the day to day operation of the Club including cleaning and maintenance, preparation of areas and equipment for sessions as appropriate, maintaining a safe pool environment through excellent lifeguarding practices and attendance at regular pool training.
Key responsibilities include (Please see JD for full requirements):
- Excellent customer service throughout Club maintaining a good and positive image of the centre to customers and the public by providing a welcoming, helpful and professional pools and operational service.
- To ensure the safety and control of customers and the public generally within Club, especially in the pool environment via safe and effective lifeguarding, and ensure that all relevant regulations applicable to the Club’s operation are enforced and complied with.
- To assist customers with use of the facilities and activities and to encourage maximum use of the Club.
- The Club is presentable, maintained and clean ensuring all pool brands are delivered safely and effectively.
- To carry out routine monitoring and non-specialist / basic maintenance of plant, equipment and fittings as required, bringing to the attention of the Duty Officer / Operations Manager any faults or major repairs in line with procedures.
So, if you are committed to contributing towards the Wellington Health & Fitness community, think you’ve got what it takes to perform exceptionally in this role and would like to join our team, please apply now.
For further details, including how to apply, please visit the Sports and Leisure page of our website at https://wellingtoncollegerecruitment.wellingtoncollege.org.uk/
Wellington College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the School is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are “spent” unless they are “protected” under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
All applicants must have a valid right to work in the UK and must be able to produce supporting documents.