Situated within the grounds of Wellington College is the Wellington Health & Fitness Club which is a private members club serving nearly 3000 members as well as accommodating the College’s PE and Sports programme throughout the academic year.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated individual with experience of working within the leisure or hospitality industry to join the team on a full time, permanent basis as a Fitness Instructor, and in return we will offer you a competitive salary and benefits package which includes, subsidised membership to the Wellington Health & Fitness Club, contribution to Wellington’s personal pension scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, cycle to work scheme, free parking and access to a health cash plan (where applicable).
About the role:
The successful candidate will provide a first-class fitness service to members and students on a full time basis.
- To conduct fitness assessments and supervised sessions to new and existing members. To also conduct follow up reviews through the year.
- To ensure a high level of customer service is adhered to at all times.
- To provide safe and appropriate exercise programmes relevant to customers’ needs.
- Ensure customers are performing safe and correct exercise techniques
- To conduct computerized fitness and wellbeing assessments
- To be proactive in all retention strategy programmes
- To be proactive with Personal Training
- To assist and lead in arranging new member challenges and incentives throughout the year.
- To coach and instruct classes when on shift.
- Undertake day to day cleaning of all equipment and general up keep of the gym and replenishing stocks when required
- To report any maintenance issues and take necessary action to ensure faulting or broken equipment is taken out of use.
- To liaise with the College students during their designated period to ensure they receive maximum benefit during their sessions.
- To cover fitness reception as and when required
- Assisting the Fitness Manager in the day to day running of the gym
Any other duties as directed by the Total Body Gym Manager appropriate to the post holders’ level of experience, qualifications and responsibility.
So, if you are committed to contributing towards the Wellington Health & Fitness community, think you’ve got what it takes to perform exceptionally in this role and would like to join our team, please apply now.
For further details, please visit the Sports and Leisure page of our website at https://wellingtoncollegerecruitment.wellingtoncollege.org.uk/
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants for any of the positions available at the College must be willing to undergo a number of safeguarding checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, reference checks with previous employers and, where applicable, a Barred List, Prohibition and EEA checks.