Wellington College is one the world’s leading co-educational boarding and day schools and had an enviable reputation for excellence and innovation. Situated within the grounds of the College is the Wellington Health & Fitness Club which is a private members club serving nearly 3000 members as well as accommodating the College’s PE and Sports programme throughout the academic year.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated individual with experience of working within the leisure or hospitality industry to join the team on a Casual basis as a Bar Staff member and in return we will offer you a competitive salary and flexible hours.
About the role:
Providing an excellent standard of service to the customer in a safe and comfortable atmosphere. To serve a range of refreshments in the evening for those who wish to relax after their chosen activity and to conform to the Licensing Act 2003. On a casual contract so as and when required. Must be over the age of 18 years to apply.
- Open and close the bar at the specified open and closing times
- Correct and safe money handling and operation of till
- Stock replenishment and stock rotation
- To serve and assist customers
- Ensure bar is tidy and clean at all times
- Collect and wash glasses and cutlery
- To serve and assist customers in the Cherry Court cafe.
- To operate the cash register and be responsible for receiving payment for goods.
- To ensure that goods and products are displayed properly and presented to a high standard, and restock as necessary.
- To operate in accordance with all Health and Safety legislation, and hygiene requirements and to ensure that they are maintained.To ensure that all customer areas are maintained in a clean and tidy manner.
- To use equipment and Bar pumps efficiently, to maintain proper measures and ensure minimum wastage
- To ensure that all end of shift duties are completed before finishing work.
- Any other duties directed by the Bar and H & F Club Management.
So, if you are committed to contributing towards the Wellington Health & Fitness community, think you’ve got what it takes to perform exceptionally in this role and would like to join our team, please apply now.
For further details, including how to apply, please visit the Sports and Leisure page of our website at https://wellingtoncollegerecruitment.wellingtoncollege.org.uk/
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants for any of the positions available at the College must be willing to undergo a number of safeguarding checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, reference checks with previous employers and, where applicable, a Barred List, Prohibition and EEA checks.