Thanks to Lorraine Curtis for providing this recipe
100g self raising flour
For the filling
For the topping
1) Preheat oven to 190c/375f/gas 5. Line 2 x 20cm/8in cake tins
2) Sift the flours into a bowl, add sugar, baking powder, butter & eggs, whisk until all combined.
3) Gently fold in the grated courgettes
4) Divide the mixture equally between the tins and cook for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and springy to touch, remove and cool on a wire rack
5) For the filling, place grated apples into a pan and add apple juice as required to keep apples moist, add sugar and bring to a simmer, stir until apples are soft, caramelised and all liquid has gone. remove from heat and leave to cool.
6) Add butter to apple mixture and puree until smooth in a food processor, stir this into the cream cheese and set aside.
7) Once cakes are cool, spread a thick layer of the mixture onto one cake, gently place the other cake on top, spread on the rest of the cream cheese and apple mixture and decorate with the walnuts and lime zest.